Pirates lead Downs & SSU in Mudau race?

Orlando Pirates appear to be the frontrunners in the race for the signature of Khuliso Mudau – the tough-tackling Black Leopards defender. 

Mudau has been one of the regulars for Lidoda Duvha under the team’s different coaches this season, having made 17 starts in the league for the Limpopo-based outfit as they attempt to claw their way out of the relegation zone.

Following the departure of Lesedi Kapinga – who has been signed by Mamelodi Sundowns – Mudau could be the next star from Leopards to earn a big move to Gauteng, with indications that Pirates are showing serious interest in his services. 

Reports have indicated that Sundowns and SuperSport United have also shown an interest in the 25-year-old right back, though sources in the know have suggested that the Buccaneers are favourites to land his signature. 

Contacted for comment, Mudau told the Siya crew that he hasn’t been officially approached by any club regarding an end-of-season move. 

“It’s the first time I hear about it, and I don’t know anything about it. They (Pirates) haven’t approached me, and I haven’t been approached by any club for that matter. All I have told myself is to focus on the remaining games of the season, and if I get approached by anyone, I will cross that bridge when I get there,” he said. 

Asked about his future plans, the defender confirmed that he would be keen on making a move to Gauteng at some point to further his career. 

“Let’s be honest, there is no footballer who doesn’t want to play for one of the big teams, and there is no footballer who doesn’t want to play in the national team. Every player out there wants to be able to say at some point that, ‘I have done it!’ All that you can do as a player is to continue working hard as you may never know who is watching,” Mudau added.

Comments